Below are either job openings or items for sale. Listings on this page are free of charge. myluso.com is not affiliated in any way with these listings and makes no representations to their quality or availability. Conduct your own due diligence.
If you have a job opening or would like to sell an item or have skills available for hire… you can list them here – there is no charge.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
A tier-I preferred vendor to large fortune 500 clients in retail, consumer products, e-commerce and pharmaceutical space is looking for someone in the Community for the following opportunity:
Title: Linguistic Contractor III
Location: San Jose, CA
Duration: 6+ months contract
Linguistic Contractor – Brazilian Portuguese (local to the Bay Area)
Brazilian Portuguese Linguist – Local to the Bay Area
- Reporting to the Language Specialist , this role will assume responsibility for the language quality of the eBay Brazilian Global Buying Hub site.
- Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to translating, proofing, and editing translations of new features, promotions, graphics, user interface elements, and other site content; working with developers, localization engineers and project managers to ship eBay’s Brazilian site updates on time and with high linguistic quality; working with QA to ensure localization issues are addressed before shipping live to site.
- We are looking for someone who, aside from being an outstanding linguist, has excellent communication skills and has demonstrated a very strong team spirit in previous positions.
Education and/or Relevant Experience:
- BA or in Translation/Interpretation
- 5 years of localization experience
- Native fluency in Brazilian Portuguese and a deep understanding of Brazilian culture
- Proven track record of translating for the consumer market
- LQA experience
- Familiarity with Idiom and Desktop Workbench is desired
- Strong familiarity with translation technologies and localization processes
- Understanding of XML and Client tools is a plus (WorldServer)
- Understanding of software development cycles
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong communication skills
Please contact/email Leslie at Leslie@sunrisesys.com. Let them know where you saw this opportunity. Thank you. Best of luck!
Disclaimer: All items presented on this Classifieds page is solely those of the author/owner/seller and do not necessarily represent those of myluso.com. Please conduct your own due diligence before entering into a transaction or agreement.