SAN JOAQUIN VALLEY PORTUGUESE FESTIVAL 2019
Saturday April 13, 2019 – 9:00 am to midnight
The Carlos Vieira Foundation is proud to host the San Joaquin Valley Portuguese Festival presented by PFSA, the Portuguese Fraternal Society of America!
The celebration is open to ALL people to come discover the culture and heritage of the Portuguese people and honor their contributions to the San Joaquin Valley and the State of California.
This family-friendly event will showcase traditional Portuguese dancing, music, and cuisine. The Festival will be kicked oﬀ by a traditional Portuguese Parade followed by plenty of activites including folklore performances, bloodless bullﬁght demonstrations, philharmonic performances, Chamarita (Portuguese traditional dance) lessons, a Portuguese bazaar, traditional Portuguese games, a cultural exhibit, carnival rides, a wine and cheese tasting, and plenty of Portuguese food and craft vendors. The Festival will also include performances by the Portuguese Kids Comedy Show and Eratoxica (Portuguese rock band). The highlight of the Festival will be the live performance of Portugal’s very own, Roberto Leal! We hope to see you there!
We are currently looking for parade entries, philharmonic bands, folklore groups, food and craft vendors, and cultural exhibit items. If you, or anyone you know, are interested in participating in this Festival, please contact us as soon as possible to secure your spot!
- For more information and to purchase Tickets, visit SJVportuguesefestival.com.
- For questions, contact The CVFoundation at (209) 394-1444 or email@example.com.
- Like and follow us on Instagram (@carlosvieirafoundation) and Facebook (@CVFoundation) for updates.
- Visit our website at www.carlosvieirafoundation.org to learn more about the Carlos Vieira Foundation.
- Proceeds beneﬁt the Carlos Vieira Foundation’s Race for Autism campaign
Location: Stanislaus County Fairgrounds, 900 N Broadway, Turlock, CA